LVN needed in Fort Stockton, TX- Fort Stockton Transfer Facility
Texas Dept of Corrections
$22-25 an hour
Major Essential Functions
As as Corrections Nurse you will provide direct and individualized nursing care to the correctional-facility.
In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of Corrections Nurses include (but are not limited to):
* Collaborates with primary care providers and other health care providers to ensure continuity, timeliness and appropriateness of care to inmate patients
* Coordinates and/or administers medication, therapeutic agents, treatments, to inmate patients
*Administers prescribed medication
*Applies surgical dressings & bandages
* Provides emergency first aid care
* Checks & records vital signs
* Obtains specimens from inmate patients for diagnostic testing
* Reports reactions to treatments and medications, as well as changes in the inmates’ emotional or physical condition
* Provides inmate patient education and/or discharge planning
* Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
* Promotes a therapeutic environment to ensure inmates are treated in a professional, ethical and tactful manner
*Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Current RN License in the State of Texas, or ability to transfer license to Texas, or scheduled to complete a program of nursing within 120 days of applying for a position. Graduated from an approved accredited nursing program.
No experience required.
Experience in a correctional setting preferred.
One year of experience in a hospital, clinic, or community-based setting.
Snelling appreciates the contributions of all our employees and values the many perspectives, beliefs, and background each brings to our Company. Snelling realizes that equal employment opportunity benefits the Company and its employees through the full utilization of all human resources. Snelling has and will continue to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons and reaffirms its commitment that there shall be no discrimination or harassment of applicants and employees because of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran and other protected statuses in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Snelling complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has offices and employees.
Fort Stockton, Texas 79735
Specialty Hospitals/ Except Psychiatric
APPLY FOR JOB